Manentia GmbH (trading as MWC Group), registered in Switzerland, Etzelblickstrasse 1, 8834 Schindellegi and its subsidiary, Manentia Wealth Consulting Group Ltd, registered in Malta, 229 Tower Road, Sliema, is responsible for controlling and processing your personal data in line with GDPR requirements for data subjects that this applies to and in line with the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act for all our data subjects.
The term “personal data” refers to all information relating to an identified or identifiable person.
Types of personal data we collect
We may collect the following type of personal data:
- Personal identifiers such as title, name, surname, gender, date of birth;
- Social demographic and relationships such as nationality, country of birth, tax residency, PEP status, marital status and nominated beneficiaries;
- Financial data such as earnings, data contained in payslips, pension statements, investment accounts, incentive plans details, financial planning;
- Behavioural such as risk profile, attitude to risk;
- Documentary data such as copies of documents, passports, proof of residential address.
How we collect and use your data
We collect information from our clients and prospects through direct interactions, through a fact finding process that is indispensable to providing sound financial planning and investment management advice. The information may be provided verbally or via e-mail and may be recorded in a fact find during the meeting or call with our employees.
The personal data collected is for the following legitimate interest:
- Provision of financial products and services/li>
- Prevention and detection of fraud and other illegal activity or misconduct/li>
- To carry out customer due diligence/li>
- To comply with regulatory obligations
MWC Group does not intentionally process special categories of personal data such as data concerning health, unless such information is necessary towards the provision of services, for example the conclusion of an insurance contract. MWC does not use automated systems to make decisions based on client data.
Where a data subject becomes an MWC client , we will keep your personal data during the whole period that a client relationship exists and up to 10 years once this has ended for the following reasons:
- To satisfy our record keeping obligations in accordance with the applicable legislation and regulations
- To demonstrate you have been treated fairly
- To respond to any queries or complaints
We may be required to keep your data for longer than 10 years if it cannot be deleted for legal, regulatory or technical reasons.
We process and store data using a Client Relationship Management (CRM) system.
Sharing personal data
All data processing takes place in Switzerland or in the European Union, at the MWC Group office locations in Switzerland and Malta.
We are required to share your personal information with the providers whose products you subscribe to such as pension scheme trustees, investment platform providers, private banks, insurance companies. We may share your personal data with auditors and other regulating authorities.
We will only share your personal data outside of Switzerland or the European Economic Area where the European Commission has decided that the third country where your data will be shared provides and adequate level of protection. However, in instances where the third country is not considered to have adequate levels of protection, we will transfer your personal data only after taking the appropriate safeguards.
Security of personal data
There are inherent risks involved when transmitting personal data by e-mail, phone or post; MWC Group will take all necessary measures to limit these risks by adopting the appropriate technical, organisational and training measures to protect your personal data.
Your legal rights
Where a data subject is the object of GDPR rules, they have the right to access their data held by us, to request data be corrected if it is found inaccurate or out of date, to request data be erased where it is no longer for the firm to retain such data, to data portability or restricting.
Where MWC has obtained a data subject’s consent to processing, and other reasons for processing do not apply, the data subject may withdraw consent at any time, but such withdrawal shall not be retroactive in effect.