Cyprus has a very generous tax system when compared to most major European countries. Having said that, whether you are looking to move to Cyprus, or whether you have been living in Cyprus for a number of years, understanding the intricacies of the Cyprus tax system are important to ensure that you make the most out of your time on the island. With careful planning and professional advice, we can help you discover the endless opportunities and benefits that Cyprus has to offer, making your stay on the island a truly memorable one.
Some of the things you will find in the Tax Information Brochure:
- Residency – when would you be considered tax resident in Cyprus.
- Tax Rates – What are the personal income tax rates in Cyprus.
- Special Defence Contributions (SDC) – What are Special Defence Contributions (SDC) and when are you liable to SDC.
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) – What is subject to Capital Gains Tax in Cyprus and what are the exemptions and deductions that exist.
- Succession planning – considerations with regard to gift and inheritance tax. What are the implications of Forced Heirship.
- Pension income – how is pension income taxed in Cyprus. How are UK pensions taxed and what are the benefits of a QROPS.
- Life assurance policies – what are the benefits and how are withdrawals taxed?
What we do:
Our team of regulated advisers have a long-standing presence in Cyprus. Together, we are available to provide you with financial planning solutions, retirement planning, estate planning and tax advice, amongst others.
MWC Group is a fully regulated financial advisory company, not just in Cyprus. We have a global presence and are fully regulated in Europe, the United Kingdom and Switzerland.
Our office is located in Paphos. Additionally to our office in Paphos, we have representatives in all the major cities of Cyprus, the capital Nicosia, Limassol and Larnaca.
We also work with various professional partners and external specialists that can assist you with your relocation to Cyprus and other services that you may require, such as professional Will writing, Estate planning, Funeral service and much more.
The content of this guide is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing in this guide constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by MWC Group or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the laws of such jurisdiction. Please contact your own lawyer, accountant, or tax professional with any specific questions you have related to the information provided that are of legal, accounting or tax nature. The content of this guide is of a general nature and does not address the circumstances of any particular individual or entity. All information of this guide is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness of any information. By reading this guide, you agree not to hold MWC Group, its affiliates or any third party service provider liable for any possible claim for damages arising from any decision you make based on information or other content made available to you by this guide.